Join all staff and PhD students from across the Queen Mary community in exploring and celebrating what makes Queen Mary great.
Learn about the wonderful work happening right here on our doorstop by experiencing a day of talks, workshops, tours, live demonstrations and exhibits, showcasing both research and other exciting projects undertaken at Queen Mary.
Staff and PhD students are encouraged to attend the whole day to explore, collaborate and network with one another.
Event Timings – Thursday 26 April 2018
- 10.30am: Registration opens
- 10.45am: Welcome by Professor Colin Bailey, President and Principal
- 11.00am: Content starts
- 3.30pm: Afternoon tea, provided by QMUL’s Hospitality Team, accompanied by speeches by Laura Gibbs, Chief Operating Officer, and Professor Bill Spence, Vice Principal (Research) and live performances
- 4.30pm: Event end
Opportunities available to attendees include:
- Finding out if there is a future for sea turtle
- Venturing behind the scenes in the Engineering building
- Visit the home of the famous ball-rolling bumblebees
- Watching flying drones clever enough to track people
- The strange world of the intelligent bee tours
- Listening to stories from Child Migrants
- Exploring Queen Mary’s International Ventures
- Experiencing creativity and the brain
- Discovering what is in your toothpaste
- Learning about progress in cancer prevention
- Unearthing the dimensions of our universe
- Trying your hand in a mindfulness session
- Getting hands on explroing Queen Mary’s history
Please note, a full list of activities and a schedule for the day will be released the week before Ideas Unwrapped.